And by pick-me-up, I mean crown polish. But you already knew that. Today I want to post song lyrics and links to the music videos of songs that have motivated me this week and a few constant songs that just simply make me feel happy and refreshed. This week has been a busy and crazy and bangin’ lyrics and a catchy beat are just what I needed today. Start downloading the songs nowww.
TOP 5 HIP-HOP & RAP SONGS ON REPEAT
1. Monster by Kanye West, featuring everyone [Jay-Z, Bon Iver, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross] lyrics—You could be the King but watch the Queen conquer -Nicki [aka Aimee Rancer]
2. Only Girl (In the World) by Rihanna—lyrics: Want you to make me feel like I’m the only girl in the world like I’m the only one that’s in command.’Cuz I’m the only one who understands how to make you feel like a man. Want you to make me feel like I’m the only girl in the world. [Rihanna is so fierce.]
3. Fancy by Drake feat. T.I. & Swizz Beatz—lyrics: I’ve always liked my women book and street smart, as long as they got a little class like half days
and the confidence to overlook my past ways. Time heals all, and heels hurt to walk in but they go with the clutch that you carry your lip gloss in and look I really think that nobody does it better. I love the way you put it together [WHOEVER Drake is singing about is definitely a queen.]
4. Live Your Life by T.I. featuring Rihanna—lyrics: I’m the opposite of moderate, immaculately polished with the spirit of a hustler and the swagger of a college kids -T.I. and Rihanna adds in Now everybody watchin what I do, come walk in my shoes and see the way I’m livin’ if you really want to.
5. Knock You Down by Keri Hilson—lyrics: Feels like I’m in a race, but I already won first place. and also So you gotta take the good, the bad, happy and the sad but will you bring the better future than I had in the past? ‘Cause I don’t want to make the same mistakes I did, don’t want to fall back on my face again. [Paige and I put this song on repeat. I don’t care that it’s old]
FIVE MORE RANDOM “FEEL GOOD/CROWN POLISHING” SONGS:
1. New Soul by Yael Naim—lyrics: I’m a new soul I came into this strange world hoping I could learn a bit ’bout give and take. But since I came here, felt the joy and fear, finding myself making every possible mistake.
2. I Am by Nelly Furtado—lyrics: And if you see me walking by you don’t have to spend your time asking me if I’m alright. Do I look smarter? Do I look stronger? Does it make you wonder? Well I am, well I am. [Girlpower. HA]
3. Innocent by Taylor Swift—lyrics: Lost your balance on a tight rope, lost your mind trying to get it back…Wasn’t it beautiful when you believed in everything and everybody believed in you? Oh, who you are is not where you’ve been… Minds change like weather. I hope you remember today is never too late to be brand new. [Think whatever about the Kanye/ VMA’s 2009 controversy, she is a beautiful queen & the song is perrrrty]
4. Wildflowers by Tom Petty—lyrics: You belong among the wildflowers, you belong in a boat out at sea. Sail away, kill off the hours. You belong somewhere you feel free.
5. Watch Me Shine by Joanna Pacitti—lyrics: Better watch out, going for the knockout and I won’t stop ’til I’m on top now. Not gonna give up until I get what’s mine. Better check that I’m about to upset and I’m hot now so you better step back. I’m taking over so watch me shine [You guessed it; this song is from Legally Blonde. Judge me.]