- STAY POSITIVE: It’s vital to maintain an optimistic and joyful attitude all the time, regardless of what situation I’m in. I’m striving to see the best in every situation and maintain a “glass half-full mindset.” Being full of joy and positivity is key.
- LIVE FEARLESSLY: I like the way Taylor Swift phrases living fearlessly: “To me, fearless is not the absense of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.” Living fearlessly is pursuing life head-on and actively approaching each day. It’s living life to the fullest and not being choosing to live despite being scared.
- LOVE EVERYONE: I want to treat others the way I want to be treated and show love and respect to everyone. It’s easy to love the people who are nice to you or love you back, but I’m trying to love others even if they don’t like me.
- BELIEVE IN POSSIBILITY: Anything is possible and this year I want to make the conscious decision to remember this. I shouldn’t rule anything out. Instead, I’m choosing to believe that absolutely anything can happen and reminding myself I am capable. I have potential. I have possibilities.
- EMBRACE CHANGE: Eek! The future is scary. I’m embarking on a period of transition from college into the “real world” soon and moving on. Instead of being upset or scared, I am recognizing my feelings and emotions about change and channeling them to appreciate the changes that are happening. I’m embracing change by looking forward to new experiences and new opportunities!
- REMAIN CALM: Relax. Breathe. Instead of being ruled by your emotions, but ruled by peace and calmness. Whatever I’m going though does not need to be handled with anxiety and mood swings. One way to view peace and calmness is this: “the absence of mental stress or anxiety.” Keep calm and carry on queenies.
- APPRECIATE TODAY: One thing I’ve been doing for awhile is writing down what I’m thankful for every day. Rather than focus on the worries of tomorrow, I want to embrace and enjoy today. Right now. One of my favorite quotes about staying present in the moment you’re in is this: “Being present is imperative to not overlook the opportunities that lie in front of you and the inspiration that could potentially be the catalyst of a new adventure.” So live it up, soak it up. We are so blessed to be in the moment we are in right now!
- SEEK WISDOM:I highly value the influence and impact of mentors and those who have already been in the situations I’m in. I want to be constantly challenging myself, enlightening myself and filling myself with knowledge. Wisdom goes deeper than knowledge-Wisdom is a deep understanding and realizing of people, things, events or situations, resulting in the ability to choose or act to consistently produce the optimum results. Seeking wisdom means constantly striving to grow and learn daily.
- BE PURPOSEFUL: Everything should be done for a reason. Some people go their entire lives without living out their meanings and purpose and I do not want to be one of them! I want to be intentional with my actions and thoughts.
>>>Thanks for reading! I hope your day is full of peace, purpose and joy!