Friday, Friday, Friday!!! Needless to say, I’m excited for the weekend. While my last Friday Five post was all about San Francisco, this week’s post is all about my friends – and the feeling of friendship overall. Both near and far – isn’t it truly a blessing to have fantastic friends? I wanted to share with you a little more to inspire you this weekend. Enjoy and again, happy Friday! xo
1. My friends who blog! I’m lucky enough to have some fantastic, talented and hilarious friends/coworkers who have great blogs! Check them out ASAP – and send any more of your favorite blogs my way!
- The Ugly Friend – Emily
- The Aspie Life – Robert
- and all that Jaz – Jazmine
- Pinot & Politics – Michael
- Tummy Therapy – Lisa
- SnackFace – Kailey X
- Chasing Inspiration – Sam
- Simply BEE – Brooke X
- Olin Montalvo – Olin
- Dive in Headfirst – Connor
- Fake Empire – Santi
- Inside Stitch -Vera Bradley (Cait works there!)
- Flower Child in the City – Melissa
2. Marky’s music – Balloon Messenger. Marky is one of the most talented people I know and has been friend of mine since junior high. Although we haven’t lived in the same city/state for many years, nothing has changed. He’s someone who I could go a few months without talking to, but the second we get together and sit down for coffee, we’re right back where we left off. Don’t you love that? Listen to his music on Soundcloud. I’ve been playing on repeat all week! Balloon Messenger also has a Facebook and Myspace pages.
3. SF visitors! Some of my absolute favorite people are visiting in the month of August – and a few are moving here! I could NOT be happier! In order of appearance (and visit/move-in date!): My sister Katie, Agnes, Jordan, Aimee, Courtney, Ali. Helllllo reunions, you are the best!
“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival.” – C. S. Lewis
Friendship doubles your joy and divides your sorrow.
“That’s what friendship looks like to me. Friendship is acting out God’s love for people in tangible ways. We were made to represent the love of God in each other’s lives, so that each person we walk through life with has a more profound sense of God’s love for them. Friendship is an opportunity to act on God’s behalf in the lives of the other people we are close to, reminding each other who God is. When we do the hard, intimate word of friendship, we bring a little more of the divine into daily life. We get to remind one another about the bigger, more beautiful picture that we can’t always see from where we are.” – Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
5. An inspiring friend’s story. Please keep Jenna in your prayers as she is battling myelodysplastic syndrome. I met Jenna one year ago as she was coordinating my internship during the school year from DC. Despite the journey she has been on in the past year, she still maintains a sense of peace and joy – what a true inspiration. Stay up-to-date with her on her blog The Redhead Report and if you haven’t registered to be a bone marrow donor, please do so! Thank you for your prayers!